Add custom questions to a registration form
In addition to standard registration questions, you can add custom questions to the registration form and choose how registrants will answer each question. Registrants can either type their answers in an open text field or select from pre-defined answers that you set up. For more information, see Answer Types later in this article.
To add a custom registration question:
- On the left panel, click the Registration tab.
- Scroll to Custom Registration Questions and click Add New Custom Question.
- In the New Custom Registration Question section, enter the question (or field label), the type of question (will the registrant type their answer or select from defined answers?), and the column name to identify the question in reports.
- If you selected Drop Down List, Checkboxes, or Radio buttons as the Answer Type, enter the answers to the question and click + Add.
- Click Save Question. The new question is listed under Custom Registration Questions.
- Optional. Select Require to require registrants to answer the question to register.
- Repeat steps 3 to 7 to add more questions.
- Click Save and Continue to save changes to the registration form.
You can edit or delete the custom questions at any time.
For each question, decide whether the registrant will type their answer or select from pre-defined answers. The following table explains options and recommended use.
|Answer Type||Used for|
|Open Text Field||Open-ended questions that require a short answer|
|Open Text Area||Open-ended questions that require a longer answer|
|Drop Down List and
|Multiple-choice questions where only one answer can be selected. A drop down list hides the answers (registrants click to display options); radio buttons show all the answers.|
|Checkboxes||Multiple-choice questions where multiple answers can be selected|
|Single Checkbox||Questions where only one answer can be selected or for disclaimers or statements that need to be acknowledged|